Friday, March 03, 2006

In Daylights, In Sunsets, In Midnights, In Cups of Coffee

This time last year Steve and I were on our belated honeymoon, soaking up the sun in Cali and then heading on down the Mexican Riviera on a massive cruise ship. It was a wonderful trip and I will always look back on our time away with the fondest of memories.
Two years ago today, we had just embarked on the journey of raising a puppy. We had had Rolo for a few weeks and he was making a mockery of our carpet, peeing and pooping on it all day long. I remember being so sleep deprived, as he whined to go pee every two hours during the night. Steve pretended not to hear, so I was the poor fool who had to pick up the puppy and toss him into the night air to do his business on our lawn. I was working and finishing up school, so I was extra exhausted.
This time next year, Steve and I will be parents. How crazy is that?! The time, how it flies. Before we know it we'll be having our bums wiped by a care aid in a nursing home.
Life is weird.

Amanda Brown at 6:58 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 9:27 PM Blogger the Haazens :) said...

I love the way you think! It's so true...bums wiped and smooshed up prunes to aid in digestion. Ewww! Better enjoy the now=) T.

 
at 10:17 PM Blogger Angella said...

Forget the care aid - I think our kids should do it...PAYBACK!
:)
Can't WAIT to meet Baby Brown!

 
at 11:06 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Robin and I often joke about moving into an retirement center when we are really old and going down to the mal room together to eat jello with a whip cream on top, and how we will hold eachothers wrinkly hands and play with our wrinkles! Nice visual hey? Hehe!

 
at 10:47 AM Blogger Jen said...

It really is INSANE how quickly the years go by. I think they only go by quicker and quicker as we get older, especially once kids come along. It feels like yesterday that I was cheering Abby on, encouraging her to roll over! That was a year ago this month ... NUTS.

 

Post a Comment