Friday, March 03, 2006

Potential

After all of your great advice yesterday (and stern chastisement...thanks, Leah!) I decided to give the name thing a rest for a while. Not just Anneliese, but all names. Take a breather and not worry about finding one just yet. It seemed like a good idea.
I came home from work and was whipping up some homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner, and while I was in the kitchen Steve called to me from his office, "Amanda, come here!"
"But I'm sauteeing onions and they need my attention. Why don't you come here?"
"I want to show you something," he explained. "Something that's important to you."
So, I abandoned my onions and went to investigate.
He had found a baby name on the computer that he liked.
And I liked it too.
I am not going to tell you what it is, either!

Amanda Brown at 8:53 AM

11comments

11 Comments

at 9:17 AM Blogger Jen said...

HOORAY that you found a name you both liked.

GRRRR ... for not telling us. Oh, the suspense!

 
at 9:20 AM Blogger Abbey said...

Now that's just mean....Ha Ha Ha.
However, I am glad that you found a name that you can both enjoy.

 
at 10:15 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! And good idea to keep the name a secret. I know a lot of couples do that because so often they find a name they're totally in love with and then they start telling everyone about it and inevitably someone says, "Ugh! I can't believe you want to name your baby THAT! The most awful person I ever knew had that name! I hate it!" You certainly don't want that to happen (especially since it's been so hard to find a name in the first place). But YAY! I can't wait to see her, whatever you call her. :)

 
at 10:37 AM Blogger Mama Bear said...

It's "Agatha", isn't it? no wait....Gertrude? Bertha? Mildred? Latisha?


Ahhh! this is killin' me!

 
at 10:45 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Sneaky....
That is AWESOME that you guys found a name you both can love. Very cool! I also think sometimes it's best to keep it a secret Even though some of your family members, like ours will try and pry it out of you. Hehe!!

 
at 12:06 PM Blogger Angella said...

Is it killing you not to tell everyone?
:)
I can wait...will give us something to look forward to (besides the baby, of course)!

 
at 1:18 PM Blogger Heidi said...

Have you ever checked out the vital statistics web site? It will tell you how many babies were named a certain name in a given year. If you want something unique it is a good idea. But since you already found an agreeable name you might not bother.

 
at 1:33 PM Blogger kelle said...

Amanda, I'm glad to hear or rather read that you guys have decided on a potential name for your little girl that you both like! And good for you for keeping it a secret!!

 
at 1:53 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I figured you'd go with Shaqwanda!

 
at 1:58 PM Blogger the Haazens :) said...

That's sweet=) Suprises are the best!

 
at 2:19 PM Blogger Susie said...

Are you pulling a "Kaili"? LOL. Just kidding. Maybe this is the one. Let's cross our fingers, shall we.

 

Post a Comment