Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Best Part

I bought a pair of maternity pants five months ago, when I was about 2 weeks pregnant but didn't yet know it. They were on sale and were of good quality. I started to wear them when I was 3 months pregnant, when my old jeans started to cut off the circulation in my mid-section. The maternity pants were quite fitted with a low-rise belly band for comfort.
I really liked these pants.
I hadn't worn them in about a month, as I have been rotating all of the borrowed maternity clothes I managed to aquire from friends, but I felt like wearing my old pants today.
I yanked them up and noticed that they felt noticeably tighter around the bottom of my stomach than they had a month ago.
What I am trying to say is that I had a severe case of muffin top.
And not just a little overflow on the sides.
We're talking back fat, tummy chub and some serious love handles, all delightfully hanging over my too-tight elastic waist band.
I have heard the old wives' tale that if you're carrying a boy, your tummy sticks straight out in front of you, but if you're carrying a girl, the girth kind of spreads out in all directions.
I believe that old wives' tale.
But you know what? I could feel bad about my muffin top, but I don't.
I was thinking about muffins. What is the best part of a muffin?
The muffin top!
So, I choose to be proud.

Amanda Brown at 10:14 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 11:56 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Amanda. You should be proud of the fact that you are pregnant. And enjoy it is a wonderful thing.

Tiffany Black

 
at 12:24 PM Blogger Jen said...

Atta girl!

From your not-pregnant, muffin-topped friend. :)

 
at 2:19 PM Blogger j.sterling said...

lmfao @ muffin top! it happens to the best of us!

 
at 2:26 PM Blogger Angella said...

Maybe you should name her Muffin :)

 
at 3:27 PM Blogger wandi said...

Atta girl Amanda. Be proud and happy.

 
at 6:03 PM Blogger Susie said...

I love you Amanda! Anytime I haven't talked to you in awhile, I just have to read your blog. You type just like you talk and it's like you are right here with me. You are a beautiful muffin-top friend and like Jen said- I am not even pregnant and I am a member of muffin-top anonymous. LOL

 
at 5:21 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Missy----way to go!You are so cute,and you know that muffins are sweet,nourishing and comforting-all the things that make people feel safe and secure and loved!Ilove you lots,and will tell you all about our trip when we get back.Love your Momma.

 

Post a Comment