Friday, March 17, 2006

But I'm Not Ready!

I got a call from my doctor's office today and apparently my OB/GYN has had a family emergency and will be flying out east next week. So my next Monday's appointment will have to be rescheduled to this afternoon. I'm OK with that. I will get to hear the baby's heartbeat and what better way to start a weekend? The only bad thing about this unexpected jaunt to the doc's is that I am going to have to be weighed.
In the middle of the day.
As in, after lunch.
I am a firm believer that the only time it is OK to weigh yourself is naked, first thing in the morning, after you have peed and pooped, and prior to eating breakfast. It's only fair.
I am the kind of person who eats a carrot stick and gains eight pounds, so I don't know what today's cheese scone is going to put the tally at. I actually weighed myself at home this morning and according to my scale (which is a gracious five pounds lighter than the doctor's) I have put on about six pounds this month. It is recommended to gain a pound a week during the second trimester, so I figure that a pound and a half per week is not reason to fret.
We are going to a wedding this weekend and I am looking forward to getting dressed up. I was hoping to wear some of my new maternity clothes but THEY STILL HAVEN'T ARRIVED! I made Steve check the mail this afternoon and they're still not there. I emailed the seller and she said they should be there any day.
Bah!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
And Happy Birthday to Jessica!
And Happy Birthday to Kristin (who turned 24 yesterday)!

Amanda Brown at 1:32 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 2:07 PM Blogger Jen said...

Good luck at your appt. I'm sure all will be well.
Have a nice weekend! I'm sure you'll look lovely at the wedding, even without your new mat clothes. :)

 
at 2:10 PM Blogger Susie said...

Poor poor Amanda! I hope everything goes well for your apt with the doctor and I am sure the cheese scone will not do that much to your tally. You are so dramatic Amanada. Maybe you should have gone to acting school. LOL. I'm just teasing. We wouldn't you anywhere, but here.

 
at 4:10 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda! And thank you so much for the pjs!! They are so awesome, I love them! Thanks to Christy and Erin and Tianna too! :) (I tried emailing you guys but maybe it didn't work.)
Amanda I hope everything goes will with your ultrasound, I'm praying the cysts are all gone.

 
at 8:33 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Jess Peters b-day? I didn't even know that, isn't that terrible?!?!
I hope your appointment went well and that hearing your sweet Babe's heart beatin' away brings joy to you both! Have fun at the wedding! I love weddings!

 

Post a Comment