Thursday, March 16, 2006

An Honest Friend

Me: You know, I thought that all of these pregnancy pimples would have cleared up after the first trimester.
Christy: Yeah. I thought so too.

Gotta love frank remarks from a friend who will tell it like it is!
Truth be told, I have quite a few less juicy volcanoes on my face and back than I did a month ago, and this is greatly heartening to me. I am still marred by the occasional blackhead or little zit on my chin, but all in all things are looking up.
Or should I say, were looking up.
You see, yesterday I discovered a new zit in one of the worst possible places to find one: the edge of my lip. I have had zits in my nostril (as if you haven't), zits in my ear (please tell me I'm not the only one), zits in my eyebrow (don't judge me), but a lip-lining zit is a serious deal. Every time I smile, I feel the log of puss stretching under the swollen pinkness and my eyes begin to water. I finally bit the bullet and lanced the sucker this afternoon to dislodge the tiny log, but it's still really sore.
I guess one lip zit is far better than the face full of pimples I had just a while back.
So, I am thankful.
But not really.

Amanda Brown at 1:45 PM

9comments

9 Comments

at 3:20 PM Blogger Jen said...

Everyone needs an honest friend like that! I'm glad you have Christy. :)

 
at 3:24 PM Blogger Susie said...

"A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself."
Quote by Judith Viorst

I believe I was born with pimples. I have had them in my ear (you are not alone), in eyebrows, on the edge of my lips, I even found one in my "lady area"- not like you wanted to know that, but my point is that everyone gets them. You are deffinately not alone. :)

 
at 3:37 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

I really really really detest lip zits. I, also, have been a victim!

 
at 3:38 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You know I love you and I think you're beutiful. Lip zitz and all.

 
at 3:42 PM Blogger Angella said...

I hate any kind of zit. Lip zits suck, as do ear, nose, etc.

Hope it heals fast :)

 
at 10:22 PM Blogger shareen said...

I don't know what it is, growing up in my house our dinner conversation went everywhere from stool samples to blood work to bodily odours but for some odd reason the only thing that turns my stomach is zits. The talk of popping them and squirting sebum gives makes me cringe like nothing else. I've always been blessed with reasonably clear skin...does this acne thing happen in ALL pregnancies?

 
at 11:50 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it too. But hey I get these weird mole things on my face! Atleast yours are going away! Pregnancy does some crazy stuff to us!

 
at 3:01 PM Blogger geeksters said...

I can empathize with having lip zits. I had one right in the corner of my mouth years ago. It was so cracked and dry, a guy advised me that I had a leftover Shreddie stuck on my face. Cute.

 
at 3:23 PM Blogger D said...

Grace is one and a half now. I wonder when I'll stop getting zits!

 

Post a Comment