Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Very First

Yesterday I had my very first butt massage.
To be politically correct, perhaps I should call it a lumbar massage, so my massage therapist doesn't get fired for misconduct. Truth be told he was very prudent and I didn't feel weird showing a bit of my plumber's crack so he could work on my sciatica. It's still kind of tender when I walk, but I'm hoping to nip this problem in the bud and not have to be in agony for the final months of pregnancy.
Tonight is my first aquasize class! I am excited to splash in pool like a retired, wrinkly grandma. And the fact that Adele, Jen and Christy will be making equal fools of themselves shall make it that much more enjoyable. The class is an hour long, which is actually quite a while to spend in the pool. I hope I like it.

Amanda Brown at 2:31 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 3:07 PM Blogger Adele said...

It's gonna be great, it would obviously be better if we could do it fully clothed instead of in bating suits but we can't have everything

 
at 3:16 PM Blogger Mama Bear said...

take it from kaile and myself. You're gonna love it!

 
at 3:54 PM Blogger Jen said...

I can't wait for tonight!

I get butt massages from Jordan all the time. They are great! :)

 
at 4:23 PM Blogger geeksters said...

I'm sure you'll have fun aquacizing. I was writing about senior's aquacize for the paper, and the pool let me join their class.

Those old ladies sure are fit. I had a hard time keeping up with them. Seriously.

At least being in the water is a good way to disguise sweat droplets.

 
at 7:41 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Butt massages are great!!! Have fun at aquacize!!! Let me know how it is.

 
at 8:30 PM Blogger Angella said...

Massages rock! Hope your bum doesn't get any worse :)

And you 4 in the pool will be so hot - you'll turn the pool into a hot tub!

 
at 7:35 AM Blogger Abbey said...

I had MAJOR problems with my sciatica both times that I was pregnant (unfortunately it was MUCH worse with the second one). However my advice to you is to go to a chiropractor. They really freak some people out but trust me!!!!!! My sciatica did not bother me at all after my visits to the chiropractor, AND it helps with quickening the birth process. When I was pregnant with Brie he told me that the pregnant women that he'd worked on before me had all come back in and said "my labor/delivery was only 3-5 hours." The longest one was 5 hours. I figured...what can it hurt. So I was a faithful Chiropractor patient while I was pregnant and BOTH of my labor/deliveries were under 6 hours. I'm not joking. Also the recovery was incredibly easy. I went home 5 hours after having Micah (I begged to go home) because I felt GREAT! The Chiropractor works on your hips, opening your pelvis so it's easier for your little angel to slip through. If you go speak to one they'll explain it all to you.
Anyways....I highly recommend that you give it a try.

 

Post a Comment