Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Took Me Back

Last night at Aquasize I was having a little too much fun. Jen and I were doing airbands to Martina McBride (truth be told, it was mainly me doing the lip synching...Jen just laughed) while grooving in the water and I guess we got a little carried away.
The instructor took off his Backstreet Boy-esque microphone, held it out to me and said, "Do you want this?"
In that instant I shrunk to the height of two feet.
I didn't mean to be cause a riotous distraction.
I didn't mean to take away from his leading.
I didn't mean to be a bad person.
But I felt pretty dumb.
Christy asked, while she gracefully bopped in the pool, "Did you get in trouble a lot when you were a kid in school?"
I nodded.
I was always getting warnings for talking to much, laughing too much, and being too loud.
Pardon me for enjoying life.
I guess I still have a ways to go in learning the art of appropriate public behavior.

Amanda Brown at 10:38 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 11:24 AM Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my goodness ~ that's funny but I think my face is getting red for you in sympathy!

 
at 11:27 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, did I ever just get some flashbacks.

I don't think you are inappropriate in public in general my dear sweet mango, it may be more a pool-induced state. I do recall intentionally aiming with balls at couples that were guilty of making out in public, on a regular basis. Then there were the whole, "Pretend I'm your retard" incidences in the kiddy pool. Ohhh, so politically incorrect, our parents must have been ashamed. :) Love you - Pisty

 
at 12:10 PM Blogger Susie said...

Who cares! Enjoy life. You and Jen both got a laugh out of it. To counter your story, I almost got the youth I was chaperoning in Calgary arrested. I didn't know it was illegal to run backwards down an escalater- go figure. But I dared her to do it, we both got a good laugh and got away with a firm warning from an officer that seemed to take his job a little too serious.

 
at 12:31 PM Blogger Jen said...

You make life fun Amanda!

 
at 1:23 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

It's for this reason that everyone want to be around you! Including me.

 
at 3:12 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Last night at the hockey arena there was also a pool and alot of women were doing aquasize there. I tried to picture you guys, (ofcourse only really Jen and Amanda cuz I've never met Adele and Christy). I actually giggled a bit. It looks like very hard work though, and like those women needed a lyp syncher for some motivation!

 
at 12:21 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda.... remember grade 3?? You were such a bad influence ;) ... poor Douglas.

Love you! Kendra

 

Post a Comment