Monday, April 17, 2006

Lethargy and Lavender

I am exhausted.
I haven't posted on here since Wednesday, but for many good reasons.
I was very sick with some sort of stomach bug on Thursday and basically spent the day rotating from the couch, then my bed, and back to the couch, sprawled on my body pillow feeling sorry for myself. Being sick SUCKS. I completely take for granted all of the days when my body is functioning normally and I don't feel as though I've been run over by a tractor. When I am sick, my negative side emerges. I am riddled with thoughts like "I shall be sick forever. This will not pass." Really uplifting. Anyways, it was a 24 hour bug and by Friday I had perked up and was feeling better. Since then I have still had a lack of appetite (which is STRANGE for me) and nothing looks good. I haven't felt hungry in four days and everything in the fridge makes me say, "Meh." I baked homemade buns for Easter dinner at our house and only took one bite of mine. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
Aside from feeling kind of queasy, the weekend has been good. The baby's room is all painted a lovely shade of lavender and it looks mah-velous! I am so happy to have it all done. I'll post some photos when my stupid camera batteries are recharged. Without fail, whenever I sit down to upload some pictures, my batteries die. Every time. It's neat.
Steve's sister and her boyfriend spent the weekend with us and we had much fun watching movies, going out for a birthday dinner, painting, dirtbiking (sans me), and chowing down on Easter dinner. It was the first time I had ever hosted a holiday meal, and I think it went pretty well. Potatoes au gratin, slow-cooked broccoli bake, corn, homemade buns and a ham (care of the mother-in-law).
I am tired.

Amanda Brown at 6:28 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at 6:47 PM Blogger Jen said...

You have every reason to be tired! Sounds tiring to me and I am not "with child". Relax and take it easy. In other words, chill out. Hang loose. :)

 
at 7:40 PM Blogger Angella said...

Crack a cold one & park it.

And by "cold one", I mean a DC

:)

 
at 8:07 PM Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Glad to hear the nursery is getting to where you want it to be. Hope you can take some time to relax and get better!

 
at 9:47 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

i'm excited to see that happy little room! I didn't know that you had chosen lavender- I'm sure it looks so good. Great choice. Hope you get the rest you both need and deserve.

 
at 9:51 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

p.s. While driving along the beach last Sunday, we went past this place: http://www.anneliesesschools.com/schools_three.asp

Naturally, I thought of you.

 
at 9:51 AM Blogger Susie said...

Holidays can be so hectic and busy- making any one exhausted let alone a preggy. I hope you get some rest. Talk to you soon. Do you want to do lunch tomorrow (wednesday?) I have the day off and thought we could go to the beanery during your break. Let me know?!?!?

 
at 10:32 AM Blogger Kaili said...

You looked great yesterday when I saw you! I didn't even know you weren't feeling that great!
The Baby's room sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures!
Get some rest and listen to your body and Baby!

 

Post a Comment