Friday, April 21, 2006

He Didn't Do the Math

Back in January I booked a flight to go and visit my family in Saskatchewan. Prior to the booking, I called Steve up and said, "I'm thinking about going to Regina from April 22-29. Is that OK with you?" (We had already discussed that since Steve would be unable to take the time off of work, I would be flying solo.)
He said, "Yep."
And I booked the flight.
A few months later I mentioned that I was getting excited about my upcoming week in Regina. He stopped, "What? You'll be gone for a whole week?!"
"Yes, you knew that. When I asked you about the dates you were fine with them."
"Well, I didn't realize you'd want to ditch me for an entire week! I can't BELIEVE it!!" he wailed.
And he's been sulking about it ever since.
Poor Stevie. It's nice to know I'll be missed. But he's been giving me the evil eye when I put things in my suitcase or talk about which groceries he'd like me to pick up for him before I leave. Of course I am going to miss my dear hubby whilst I am gone, but I'll phone him every day and heaven knows he'll be so busy that he probably won't even note my absence until he crawls into the cold bed at night.
I am really looking forward to spending some time with my family though. I am in need of a bit of a break, some time to let my momma pamper me before I become a momma myself. And I haven't seen my brother since he got back from his year in England (and yes, he did come through with the Belgian chocolate...it will be waiting for me in Regina).
I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to blog from the Queen City, so don't fret.
Ta-ta!

Amanda Brown at 9:59 AM

14comments

14 Comments

at 10:40 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see you!and baby!Sorry,Steve that she will be gone,but do the best you can.Love,your momma.

 
at 10:52 AM Blogger Jen said...

I hope you have a great time with your family Amanda. You will be missed!

 
at 11:55 AM Blogger karen said...

That so totally sounds like conversations that Travis and I have frequently. He would sulk too.

Have a great time!!

 
at 12:08 PM Blogger m+K said...

I didn't realize all men were like this, my husband does this all the time and even though I can have given him several reminders of my leaving he often forgets and then acts all sad too when I remind him. Oh silly men! Kylie

 
at 12:13 PM Blogger Adele said...

You'll be missed by us all, Aquafit just won't be the same without you

 
at 12:19 PM Blogger Angella said...

I think that sometimes when we speak, our husbands hear (cue Charlie Brown's teacher)

WA WA, WA WA WA WA

:)

Angella

 
at 12:34 PM Blogger Lindsay said...

The Queen City welcomes you! Hopefully we'll have nice weather. Seeing as your parents live right behind my parents, you'll have to wave over the fence!

 
at 2:39 PM Blogger Abbey said...

Ha,Ha,Ha...that's very funny. I agree with the other ladies. It's quite humerous how VERY alike men are. Sometimes I too believe that they hear us as Charlie Browns teacher.
Enjoy your week with your family. Especially the pampering part. Once the baby's born they'll all have something else to be focused on, so suck it all in.

 
at 3:43 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

I was just wondering the other day when you were going home for a bit. I hope you have a wonderful splendid time. I know your momma will take good care of you.. I'll see you when I get back cause I'll be home for good!!

 
at 7:45 PM Blogger Tara said...

I was just thinking the other day that Amanda will be coming to Regina soon...I wonder when...I guess it was sooner then I thought!!!! well..seeing as you live in the neighbourhood...if you are bored and want to go for a walk or drive you should stop in and say hi!!!! I am at the daycare from 8-4 except for my lunch from 11-12 it is in the sherwood mall!!!!
well if I don't see you have fun with your family

 
at 7:50 PM Blogger geeksters said...

I hope you enjoy your time at home. I found it so nice being home after spending so much time living on my own that my family doesn't know how to get me to leave now! Hope Steve is lucky enough to get you back again:)

 
at 10:28 AM Blogger Kaili said...

Have fun being pampered!!!

 
at 4:11 PM Blogger D said...

What a familiar scenario.
Often I look at my husband and wonder why I even bother consulting him on anything. He always forgets, and then gets mad or sulky!

 
at 1:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear that you are spending a week in Regina. I too will be making the trip home. I will be there form late Thursday (27th) for the weekend. I will give you a call.

 

Post a Comment