Monday, April 24, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

The pregnancy dreams have been getting weirder. Last night I dreamt that I had the baby and she had to stay at the hospital for a few weeks. But I kept forgetting to go and visit her. Then I realized, "Oh no! My milk is going to dry up and I won't be able to nurse her!" so I went to the hospital to try to breastfeed her. She latched on and a little bit of milk came out. I was relieved that I had some left. Then, my boob started to spew this crazy gush of neon green milk. It was out of control and spraying everywhere.
Good story, hey?
Today has been nice. I went for a walk with my momma in the morning, then we got groceries, then went on a hunt for a dress for me to wear to Steph's wedding. I tried on every dress in Motherhood Maternity and had no success. Everything was either too low cut (these jugs need support!) or the mediums were too tight across the bust but the larges were gaping. Ugh. I hate feeling like there's something wrong with my body and every article of clothing looks wrong on it. Walking past Le Chateau and seeing the stick thin mannequins in the windows, then seeing the reflection of my bloated profile in the same windows, now that does wonders for the self esteem. I know that my pregnant body is beautiful and I am so thankful for this experience, but when maternity clothes don't fit right, you can't help but feel like a beluga.
Tomorrow I am meeting up with an old friend (hi, Rae!) for lunch and it will be good to reconnect after all these years.
I am enjoying the days here and the chance to unwind and relax.

Amanda Brown at 8:17 PM

11comments

11 Comments

at 8:37 PM Blogger jordan said...

Welcome back to the Queen City! Hope you find everything where you left it...I know the last time I came back from Calgary I couldn't seem to find my shorts. Long story short, they're still MIA.

 
at 9:48 PM Blogger Jen said...

enjoy your time! Say hi to Rae for me! :)

 
at 10:03 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Crazy dream there little Mama! Good to hear that you are enjoying your time there. I know the feeling of EVEN maternity clothing NOT fitting right, I never seems to have that problem before, which I know I was lucky, as a lot of people feel that EVERYTIME they store, pregnant or not.
Anyways, come home soon.

 
at 7:11 AM Blogger Angella said...

Poopy on the shopping! If you don't find anything, I jave some maternity dress - you could borrow one :)

 
at 7:42 AM Blogger D said...

Wacko dreams are the best!
I vote you buy a whole bunch of low cut shirts and show that clevage off, then one day your baby can look back through old photos and marvel at how much of a tart her mommy was.

(Just joking)

 
at 8:24 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Oh I remember clothes shopping with my stick thin sister when I was nine months pregnant. That was a bad idea. SHe'd go pick up size 2's and 4's. Uh, then to top it off all the retail workers were commenting on how "cute" my gigantic belly was. I could have shot something. You'll find something cute to wear to the wedding I'm sure of it!

 
at 8:35 AM Blogger Jen said...

I forgot to say this:

When I was 8 months pregnant even maternity clothes were too small for me! :( I had size L shirts and my belly would still hang out. I was HOT!

 
at 8:44 AM Blogger April said...

I love Motherhood Maternity. I didn't realize there were any shops in Canada. Keep looking. You'll find something. We're coming to Stephs wedding too. We're going to stay with the Heighs. Want to hang out?

 
at 8:49 AM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Yes, April. Yes I do. :) It will be great to see you and Kevin. I'm sure Steve and Kev will be laughing like maniacs within moments of being together again!

 
at 8:51 AM Blogger Susie said...

It is always nice to visit home- or even a distant city. I hope you are enjoying your journey down memory lane.

 
at 2:32 PM Blogger geeksters said...

That does sound like a frustrating shopping experience. I just bought a cute billow-y shirt that looks like it could be a maternity top -- but it was from the kid's section. Maybe you've just been shopping in the wrong department:)

 

Post a Comment