Friday, September 09, 2005

Without Fail

No matter how quiet a morning at work may be, the one time I go to use the washroom, the phone rings. There I am, trying to have a peaceful moment on the john, and I hear the telephone going berserk down the hallway. This situation presents itself with a few options. Do I yank my bottoms up and sprint back to the office, to answer the phone on its final ring, sounding harried and out of breath, and also with unwashed hands? Or do I remain seated and continue my business? I often choose the latter. The answering machine can do its job and I think I am entitled to tend to my body's needs, right?
But, what about on days like today? Days where my guts are churning and I am scrurrying to the washroom every 6 minutes to drain my writhing intestines? I am feeling sick, and it's kind of awkward when you have a desk job. Everyone's like, "where is Amanda?" and then they hear my laboured moans coming from the washroom and they're all, "that's sick."
Today is not my day.

Amanda Brown at 11:58 AM

3comments

3 Comments

at 12:22 PM Blogger Angella said...

Poor girl! Did you buy another Crystal Light Slurpee? Or was it the Diet Dr. Pepper?
I hope you feel better!
Angella

 
at 12:42 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, we told you to stay away from those crystal lights!!!!..but I think we have all had days like that and understand..get better!

 
at 12:48 PM Blogger Jen said...

Aw ... Amanda. Hope you feel better. I was going to make a Crystal Light joke but I see a few people have beat me to it. ;)

 

Post a Comment