Monday, September 05, 2005

The Long Weekend (a clever title, I know)

The Labour Day long weekend is always one of my favourites. It marks the transition between summer and autumn, and I welcome the days of golden leaves and crisp air. The summer has been a lot of fun, and I have had more than my share of days in the sunshine, but I am ready for the change in season. I know that when I am enveloped by low-hanging valley cloud for months on end in the winter, I will call myself crazy for wishing away the heat. But the cooler temperatures have been revitalizing me. The air is a little nippy when I rise in the morning, and I've even had to don a jacket a few days. I love the Okanagan because it experiences all four seasons, but to much less insane extremes than the prairies, where I grew up. In Regina, I remember having indoor recesses at school and hearing warnings that with the windchill factor it was about minus two thousand and fourteen degrees and exposed flesh will freeze solid in three seconds. Ahh, those were the good ol' days. :)
Anyways, this Labour Day long weekend has been a good one. On Saturday we picked apples and other than that I've just been doing a lot of hanging out with friends. It's been just just swell, really.



Amanda Brown at 10:58 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment