Saturday, September 03, 2005

Could Be Worse

Today is one of those days. I am feeling scattered and discontent, despite the fact that I am surrounded by blessings. What's my problem? Whenever I am feeling down like this, I find comfort in the fact that things could always be worse, so I should be grateful. For instance, I could still have butt-ugly auburn hair like I did a few years ago. That would be bad. Yes, therein lies my peace: I am no longer a homely redhead. About 5 years ago I got the urge to dramatically change my look. This urge was from the pit. I should never have heeded its call. I went ahead and chopped off my long blonde hair and dyed it a way too dark shade of auburn. I think that actual name of the colour of the dye was "'What-the-heck-are-you-thinking-you're- going-to-look -hideous' Crimson". Yes, I am pretty sure that's what is was called. The dye job was a horror in itself, but the real troubles came when I tried to dye my hair back to blonde. Let's just sum up by saying I ended up buring off the top half of my hair, and I had to wear a side part for the next 8 months to cover up the charred ends. It was a really great experience.
Even as I type this awful memory now, I find myself feeling better about all of the little things that have been dragging my down. And for anyone else out there who's had a rough day, just look at this picture and be thankful it's not you.

Amanda Brown at 9:16 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 5:39 PM Blogger Elizabeth said...

Amanda,
I love reading your blog! You make me smile with one of those huge "This girl is terrific" smiles. Thank you for being so honest with your blogging, it makes for great reading.
Big hug from me, the far-away-blog-reader, Elizabeth (the Heigh's friend)

 

Post a Comment