Monday, September 05, 2005

Good Genes + Bad Genes = ???

Steve was an adorable child. As a newborn baby he was a bundle of cooing joy, and the grew into an adventerous toddler, and a cute little school boy, and he is now a handsome man. He had a few gangly years while he was adjusting to his growth spurt, but as a general rule there are very few pictures in his family album that make you shudder when you lay eyes on them.
How I wish it were the same for me.
I was a cute baby, and a sweet rolly toddler. But then something happened. I enetered a phase that I affectionately call The "What the Heck Happened in the Gene Pool?!" Years. It was a gradual transition into the Land of Ugly. I believe it started with the mushroom cut.

I woke up one morning when I was five years old and thought, "Wow, I've got a pretty lame mushroom cut. What would make me look better, and detract attention from my shitake head? I know! A tuxedo dress! Yes, that's the solution." I was wrong. And this picture is only one of the multitude that confirm I was a homely child, with atrocious fashion sense.
Here's a photo of Steve. See how cute he was?
I just hope that our future children get his genes, and that they don't have to endure the awkward decade I did.

Amanda Brown at 12:32 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:21 PM Blogger Angella said...

You think YOU had bad years? Remember those horrendous pictures of me plastered around the room at my birthday party? I think the awkward stage was the longest stage of my life
:)
Angella
PS - Has Steve finished his ganly stage yet? :)

 

Post a Comment