Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Burn, Baby, Burn!

Fall arrived yesterday and I have decided that I am going to get in shape. Over the summer I was pretty consistent about going for walks and jogs and what-not, but now it's time to gear down and really start working on that mass of jiggly-ness that seems to follow me around.
Here is how my work-out yesterday went:
As I am lacing up my runners, I map out my routine.
I will go on the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes.
I get on the elliptical trainer and set it for maximum resistance.
I begin to start ellipticalling.
I start to sweat profusely, and my lung start to burn.
I check the clock and see that I've only been on for 47 seconds.
While panting, I re-evaluate my work out plan. Maybe I'll just go for 15 minutes today.
I continue ellipticalling, after lowering the machine's resistance.
The panting and burning of lungs becomes more intense.
Through my sweaty eyes I read that clock and see that I've now made it to two minutes and fourteen seconds.
With new determination, I push myself to the three minute, then four minute, then five minute mark.
Then I get off and puke up my spleen.

Amanda Brown at 2:33 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 4:50 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Amanda, that inspired me. That was the best description of how I think most of us feel about working out...been there, definitely done that. I figure at least you did something..that's better than most people can say!!

 
at 5:28 PM Blogger Adele said...

At least you're honest about it! You don't need to lose weight anyway you're beautiful just the way you are and anyway if you think you're fat then I'm positively obese.

 

Post a Comment