Thursday, October 20, 2005

Old Crushes Die Hard

So, my friend Stephanie did a post on her blog yesterday about celebrity sightings, and how one of her friends served a bagel to Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT). For those of you who don't know, he played the (HOT!) middle child on the sitcom "Home Improvement".
You could say that I had a rather unhealthy infatuation with JTT during my preteen years. I purchased every article of the BOP! magazine and pored over the glossy photographs of him in them. I plastered my walls with posters of him, and there was one headshot that I kissed goodnight every evening. (My lipgloss stained the poster and it was rather embarrassing when friends would come to my room and see my wet lip print on the poster. But I did not take it down.)
I was honestly convinced that, given the right opportunity, he would totally fall in love with me. I had dreams of us meeting, going for walks, and having him realize how wonderful I was, then we would marry and live in a Hollywood mansion.
As I got older, I overcame my infatuation, and took down my posters and bid farewell to my hopes of wooing the teen star.
But do you want to know who I dreamed about last night?
JTT.
All it took was one mention of him, and that part of my heart opened up again and there he was in my mind's eye all night long.
In my dream I was at some sort of conference and I saw him there. I circled the building repeatedly so as to "casually" walk by him and hopefully catch his eye. The last time I walked by, though, he was gone. All of a sudden he came out on this stage and was playing with this band. He was going crazy on a keyboard, and he was looking hot. I tried to scurry up as close to the front of the stage as I could, and at the end of the performance, an announcer said, "The band will be in the foyer after the show, so fans can go and get autographs if they wish."
I hopped up on the stage and looked JTT in the (smoldering) eyes and tried to say something witty that would make him realize that he was looking at his soulmate. So I said, "What about fans who used to have posters of you all over their walls and would kiss your image good night every evening?"
He gave me a funny look, like I was a weird stalker and he was ready to call security. Then I woke up.
JTT, you've broken my heart for the last time.

Amanda Brown at 9:11 AM

7comments

7 Comments

at 10:58 AM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You are such a geek. But that's why I love you so much. Abd you know what you're too good for JTT anyways. But he was really cute back in the day.

 
at 11:39 AM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Yeah, I agree- JTT definitely had some hot genes in him back then, mind you, I haven't seen much of him in the past few years. THough Amanda, kissing him good night before you went to bed?? That must be border line stalker- does steve know about that?

 
at 11:55 AM Blogger Jen said...

Haha. I was a JTT fanatic too. I wrote him a few letters and would always color the envelope with yello highlighter so that it would stand out in his pile of fan mail. What a dork ...

 
at 3:14 PM Blogger karen said...

kisses on the poster? Very funny! I was a little too old for JTT, but Kirk Cameron......

just for you amanda,
http://www.lizcurtishiggs.com/Fiction/Grace/Grace%20Chapter%20One.htm

can't wait!!
:)

 
at 8:47 PM Blogger Angella said...

I'm ALMOST as old as Karen :) SO JTT was after my time. But Johnny Depp on 21 Jump Street. Oh baby!

 
at 10:46 PM Blogger wandi said...

Hiya Amanda. Because I'm so much older than you I will give my age away and admit that my crush was Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson ( before his wierd stage). I had posters up all over my room. I would buy all the teen magazines too. I was a pretty love sick girl! What a loser I was.

 
at 7:38 PM Blogger D said...

I also am a little old for JTT, but I had a bigger-than-life-size poster of Leo Dicaprio when I was in high school. That thing saw a lot of action.

 

Post a Comment