Monday, October 17, 2005

My Name is Amanda Bread. I mean Brown.


I had lunch at Christy's house today and while the Ellen Degeneres Show was on a commercial break, we started to flip through this amazing cook book. It was a book devoted to baking. There were glossy photos of every cake, scone, muffin, and square you could imagine. The best section of the book was all about BREAD, though.
I love bread. There is something so simple and pure about it, something so comforting about the smell of a freshly baked loaf, something that makes me want to ram an entire baguette down my throat. It's magical, really.
Take one look at my thighs and it's easy to tell that I am a bread lover. Always have been; always will be. I tried Atkins for two weeks a few years ago, and it felt like Chinese water torture. Bread is a staple of my diet, and I have learned to enjoy it in moderation.
I love the many different kinds of bread. How there are unique breads to each culture: pitas, naans, foccacias, bagels, and the list goes on. It is something so common, made of a few simple ingredients, and it becomes something that provides such satisfying sustenance. Oh, bread.
Bread is delicious, how I love it so!
Straight from the oven, with piping hot dough.
Slathered in butter, just to be safe,
I eat so much that my lips begin to chafe.

Amanda Brown at 1:36 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 2:10 PM Blogger Jen said...

Hahaha. I love your ending poem. While I do love bread a whole heck of a lot, I have never had chaffed lips from it.

 
at 3:03 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

MMMMMMMMmmmmmm Bread......mmmmmmmm butter.....drool drool. I too want to ram a baguette down my throat. Or at least slather a piece in butter and devour it slowly.

 
at 8:40 PM Blogger Angella said...

So, we need to make a date to make my famous dinner rolls. We could have a "Bread & butter" dinner. Anyone who wishes to partake is welcome. I'm salivating now...

 
at 10:52 PM Blogger Stephanie and Brad said...

Send me some fresh bread and butter down here in Vancouver so I can participate too! Sounds wonderful. Amanda, I'll never forget your love for butter and bread, and the trips to the bakery to get a delicious cheesy scone soaked in greasy buttery goodness.

 

Post a Comment