Sunday, October 16, 2005

My Former Self

I grew up with a great friend named Amanda Brown. She was a few years older than I was, and her friendship was one that I cherished. We spent hours in her bedroom devouring Seventeen magazines and daydreaming about the boys we had crushes on. She was always kind and generous with her time and resources.
My maiden name was Olsen. So there Amanda B. and Amanda O. and together we were Amanda Squared. We were comrades in Bible quizzing and youth group. She was a wonderful friend.
When I got married to Steve and took his last name, Brown, it took me a solid year to think of myself as Amanda Brown, and not think of my friend. Amanda married a tall, dark and handsome man named Nick Franks the same summer I married Steve, so we no longer have the same surname. It still took some getting used to.
Amanda now lives in Calgary with her hubby and her sweet baby girl, Isabella. Even though we (or should I say "I") can be inconsistent with our corresponence, she is one of those friends who you think about and smile. She has just started her own website, and I will be sure to include a link to it on my page here very soon. Check it out and take a peek into her life.
Amanda, you said you wanted to get on my blog...your wish is my command. :) I feel so lucky to have been your friend while we were growing up in Regina. You always made me feel loved and cared for, and I know that you continue to do that for the people in your life today.
Hurry up and come for a visit to Summerland, OK? I've got to meet that little Belle before she's a teenager!

Amanda Brown at 9:18 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:36 AM Blogger Jen said...

The name change was a confusing thing! Still talking to Jordan I refer to you guys as Amanda Olsen-Brown and the real Amanda Brown. lol.

 

Post a Comment