Friday, October 14, 2005

Makes Me Smile

You know what I like? I was reading my friend, Christy's blog and someone had commented on one of her posts. When I clicked on the comment I saw that it was my friend, Jen, who had commented. It's cool that my friends are connecting with my friends (if that makes sense?!). Jen is someone that I grew up with and she knew me when I was a rowdy teeny-bopper; Christy lives in Summerland and knows the present-day me (still rowdy, just older and chubbier). But through the blogging world, they know so much about each other's lives. I like to think that if Jen came to town tomorrow, just out of the blue, that she and Christy and I would go for coffee and it would feel like we've all been friends, the three of us, for years. Christy would meet Abby and feel like she's already been watching hew grow up; Jen would meet Ben and Megan and see how cute they are in person. It would be swell. That's one of the cool things about blogging. It unites the various spheres of your life.
But then Jen and Christy would probably hit it off a little too well and would realize that they don't need me. Then they would make my babysit their kids while they went to the spa and out for lunch. And they would train their kids to fill their diapers five minutes after they get dropped off. Then I would think that maybe having my friends meet through blogging was actually pretty lame. And to retaliate, I would sabotage their friendship by posting mean comments on their blogs, posing as either Jen or Christy. "Jen, this post was dumb. You are not cool. Why don't you just go hang out with Amanda?...from Christy" and "Christy, I know I said we were friends and stuff and that we don't need Amanda, but I have realized the err of my ways and have decided to be best friends with Amanda and break all ties from you...from Jen".
Not sure how I got off on that tangent.
Happy weekend to you all!

Amanda Brown at 3:46 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 4:23 PM Blogger Jen said...

hahaha. It is funny, isn't it? Don't worry Amanda, you are irreplacable. :)

 
at 5:33 PM Blogger Adele said...

Blogging is pretty strange, it's weird to think that complete strangers know all this stuff about our lives and that they might actually come to ccare about what happens to us. I know that my family in England enjoy reading about my friends now that they can. So thanks for introducing me to this bloging thing

 
at 7:04 PM Blogger Becky said...

I'm Christy's little sister, Becky, and I love teading your blog! I love "getting to know" my sister's friends, and I wish I lived out there. You guys sound like fun. I'll have to meet you when I come and visit. Check out my blog! (although its quite boring)

 

Post a Comment