Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Man, He Vacuums!


So, here's the deal: it's been quite a while since I've run the vacuum across our carpets. And when I say "a while" I mean that I'm pretty sure that some weird fungus has probably rooted itself in the dirty strands of nubby carpet that have long been neglected. It's not my fault, though! I'VE BEEN PICKING APPLES. There, I am going to use the ol' Farmers Wife excuse and that trumps all others. I haven't had time to properly vacuum because I have been too busy helping on the farm (and watching trashy TV at Christy's house...c'mon, the OC is a necessity!). So anyways, this last weekend as Steve and I debated about my work in the orchard, we came to the conclusion that I would pick apples on the weekend if he vacuums before my parents arrived.
So, when I got home from work today, Steve donned his ear muffs (he thinks it wise to preserve his eardrums) and vacuumed the whole house. He did such a good job. That's one of the major differences between me and Steve: he cares about being thorough. He was going crazy on the baseboards, putting on special attachements for different surfaces, and he even moved stuff off the floor to vacuum under it, instead of just around like I do. When I vacuum, I lazily let the machine kind of whir along on its own, and I just kind of go in streaks all over the carpet. In other words, I don't really give a rip about vacuuming. Or dusting. Or mopping. Or most housework, for that matter. When I do housework, I have a motto: "Mediocrity Is My Goal!" and I successfully meet that goal each and every time.
Don't get me wrong; I do like a clean and tidy house, and for the most part I try to keep things under control and every now and then I get in a cleaning frenzy and I go nuts. But for the most part, I am OK with things being almost good enough. Kind of the story of my life.

Amanda Brown at 5:46 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 7:05 PM Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

You ARE me. Who moves furniture when they vaccuum? I mean really. Other than your husband and mine. I think we are clones of you guys. Or vice versa. And hey, now your mom can help you clean.

 
at 1:00 PM Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Hey, Lindsay! Yeah, it's been a long time since I last saw you! How are things going? Are you all done school? Hope life is treating you kindly. :)

 

Post a Comment