Sunday, August 14, 2005

A Whirlwind Week


The past seven days have flown by in a dizzing blur. I spent the latter part of the week at The Leadership Summit in Kelowna with the staff from our church. It was put on by Willow Creek Church and was broadcasted via satellite to 110 sites all over the world. There were many inspiring speakers with poweful messages, and also some incredible dramas and worship times. All in all it was a good conference and I enjoyed spending time with the staff in a different environment. Because we were away from the church office for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I was left to scurry around for the beginning of the week, madly trying to get everything ready in advance for the weekend. The busyness of the fall season is beginning to creep into the atmosphere at the office, and I was a tad overwhelmed at times. But it all got done (as it always seems to). We have also had company all week, which is fun, but it now looks like several bombs have detonated in our house because I haven't been around to tidy up. Owell, there are worse things in life than mounds of dirty laundry and moldy dishes in the sink, right? Right. :)
Today I am going to a baby shower for a friend of mine who is due in October. It should be a nice, girly afternoon. A group of us all went in together for her gift, which meant we ended up spending a few hours in Wal-Mart ooing and ahhing over every tiny onesie, every iddy biddy baby sock, every cute lid'l outfit...you get the idea. It was fun.
I resume my full-time hours at the church tomorrow, and I am beginning to regret all of those afternoons I spent at the beach instead of painting the interior of our house.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Amanda Brown at 12:12 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:37 AM Blogger Angella said...

NEVER regret beach time! That's why we live in SUMMERland! Save the painting for the cold dark days of winter :)

 

Post a Comment