Thursday, August 25, 2005

When You Eat Your Smarties...

I would like to introduce you to a few of my little friends. They have been a welcome addition to my life; they make the hours spent at my desk just a little sweeter. There's something about choosing five of these colourful little fellas out of their box, setting them on my desk, contemplating which colour to savour first, placing it on my tongue, letting the hard candy shell dissolve into a tiny stream of sugar and feeling the warm chocolate center melt in my mouth...each smartie is an experience, an escape of sorts. It takes me to a land called Chocotown, where I am queen and I walk the brown streets and my humble smartie subject bow to kiss my feet as I walk past. An unhealthy infatuation? Perhaps. But I care not.

Amanda Brown at 1:49 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 3:27 PM Blogger Adele said...

Well you've converted me and my co-workers, guess what we now eat in the afternoons when we need a pick me up! Thanks very much Amanda

 
at 6:26 PM Blogger Angella said...

Hmmmm...could YOU be the one who finished the Smarties on Nathan's cake? Not that I blame you....
:) Angella

 
at 3:01 PM Blogger karen said...

Have you ever seen that simpsons episode where Homer dances through the streets of chocolate town in his dream? You now will take his spot in my memory. :)

 

Post a Comment