Friday, May 12, 2006

Two-Timer

I did something.
Something I thought I could not do.
All by myself.
And it feels good.
I have moved my blog!
For a while I have been feeling the urge to get away from Blogger and learn more about how to really customize my site. But I just felt so clueless. Really, I am an html dummy, through and through.
I had looked into some hosting companies to see what prices would be like to start my own blog, one that was powered by Movable Type (the stuff the cool kids use). The cost seemed reasonable.
Yesterday, just for fun, I wanted to see what domain names would be available, should I decide to move.
I tested out www.kickyboots.com
And it was available.
I took that as a sign.
So, I paid my money, got a few emails from the host and set to attempting the creation of my new page.
I wanted to wait until it looked all polished and jaunty and unique and smashing.
That has not happened yet.
It's still pretty bare bones and cookie cutterish.
I'm hoping to make it better each day. So far, I've added links and manipulated my sidebar a little. It may not sounds like much, but it's a big deal for an internet fool like myself.
I hope you enjoy the new site! Update your links and I hope you enjoy my debut at www.kickyboots.com

Amanda Brown at 1:00 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 3:51 PM Blogger karen said...

That is so very brave! Good for you!

Kicky boots looks great!

 

Post a Comment