Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Raw Nostrils, Chin Zits, and a Half-Day Off

There is the sound of heavy breathing.
And it's coming from me.
Because my nose is so clogged all I can do is pant from my mouth. I caught Steve's cold and it's been hanging on for dear life. I started getting a sore throat on Saturday and now I'm on day four of sinus congestion, bleary eyes, a cloudy head, and a short fuse. It's one time that I don't enjoy working with people, because everyone who comes into the office or calls me on the phone exclaims, "Oh, do you have a cold?"
Yes. Yes, I do.
I appreciate their concern, but when you hear it dozens of times a day all it does is remind you that yes, you feel crappy, and yes, you're still at work even though you'd rather be sleeping the snot away.
I only worked until noon today then swung by the video store and made a pit stop at Shoppers Drug mart for some Vick's VapoRub to smear on my raw nostrils. Upon coming home I heated up some leftovers, dragged my body pillow out to the couch, lubed up my nose with the sweet burn of eucalyptus, and didn't move for the duration of the afternoon. It was nice to relax, but now I just feel kind of yucky, like I should fold some laundry or go for a walk, but I don't want those things enough to actually do them.

Amanda Brown at 5:17 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 5:48 PM Blogger Jen said...

Aw. Get well soon. Get lots of rest and drink drink drink Summerland's yellow water.

 
at 6:07 PM Blogger Kaili said...

Oh man, that sucks! I hope you can get lots of rest and feel better soon. Being stuffed up isn't fun. There is this awesome tea at the food emporium that would help your throat sooooooo much. It's called "throat formula". Get Steve to run out and get you some, it's a lifesaver for your throat.

 
at 7:27 AM Blogger Angella said...

Poor Mama! I hope today is a better day!

 

Post a Comment